I've just come back from a wek's holiday abroad with almost zero mobile signal - the first time I've done this in two years. I put myself through a form of super log off I suppose.
I noticed something different though in how I weened myself off the social web and weened byself back on, so thought I'd share (my habits must have changed a lot in the last two years as it wasn't like this last time).
- Email took a day to ween off (the day between leaving work and getting on the plane)
- Twitter also took a day to ween off
- I didn't ween off Facebook really. I checked in every now and then as it's a nice and tidy list of friends and not too noisy
- This is what surprised me - Twitter looked horribly messy and took me several days to get back into. Too many random noisy conversations and it inspired me to delete a lot of followers
- The email mountain was huge and difficult to erode. I spend my days in meetings and with clients, and found it difficult to spend the time needed to work through about 3,000 emails (you know what it's like)
- Foursquare is interesting agein
- Facebook remains the tidy friend group
- Our company social network was a great way of bropwsing company updates
Anyone else finding this? Email mountains, Facebook tidiness and Twitter noise?