This week Nielsen published its new quarterly social media report. It's a useful piece of work to take a look into and well worth a read for all the rich stats and facts. Some findings worth pulling out include:
- The UK's 2nd biggest social network is now Tumblr, with 229m page views, behind only Facebook
- In Spain, people spend more time per person on Tuenti, not Facebook
- Orkut is #1 in Brazil and FC2 Blog is #1 in Japan
- Twice as many people aged 55+ are using mobiles for social media compared to last year
- Females aged 18-34 are the most active demographic on Facebook
Thanks Nielsen for making this report available to all online.