I'm seeing an increasing amount of buzz around the concept of Enterprise 2.0 - or in other words the social media / web 2.0 environment manifested in the workplace.
The most recent of which is a new study from AT&T that shows how European businesses that harness social media in their communications become happier businesses.
The AT&T survey is a hefty one. It has looked at 2,500 people across five countries showing how they use social media in everyday working life. Most respondents said social media makes them more efficient and able to achieve new things. And almost half say it brings new creativity. It's worth taking a look in depth at the findings, but here's a snapshot:
The Top 5 social networking tools being used as part of everyday working life are:
1. Companies' own collaboration sites on intranets (39%)
2. Internal forums within the company (20%)
3. Company-produced video material shared on intranets (16%)
4. Online social networks, such as LinkedIn and Facebook (15%)
5. External collaboration sites on the web and internal blogging sites (both 11%)