Jeremiah Owyang at Forrester has blogged about a session he recently ran for a client where he explained the impact of social media on a public relations and analyst relations person's life. His post on the topic is worth a read, and if you value social media analyst musings, his is a good one.
Looking more specifically at analyst relations, Jeremiah says there are 10 questions AR people are asking of social media. They are:
1. Is social media a medium to influence the influencers?
2. Are influencers impacted by social media usage of clients, vendors, and media?
3. Now that many are creating their own messages is message control realistic?
4. Can AR and PR benefit from listening to social media?
5. Can AR and PR benefit from using social media to talk?
6. How do AR folks, who are traditionally accustomed to deep, often in person relationships benefit from this?
7. Does this really mean more work for me?
8. If our competitors use this, do they have a leg up on us?
9. How to we quantify the ROI of our efforts?
10. Leave a comment if you’ve got a point of contention.
Thanks to Ged for the link that led me to this article,